Wednesday, 3 June 2015

The Long Three Months

Dear lovely readers,

It's been a difficult three months of unintentional hiatus; my mental health's been icky and I've been fighting to feel well again, then taking some time out in an attempt to take care of myself.

It's good to be feeling like myself again. It's good to find joy in reading and writing again.

And it's definitely good to be blogging.

I've taken the opportunity to spruce up a bit and give Yours with Caution a fancy new look! I'm getting my lemon and lime on with my new logo, created for me by the wonderful Meg Kissack, who is also the creator of the super cool self-care website That Hummingbird Life. You can follow her on Twitter, too. Meg is offering beautiful watercolour logos at an excellent price for the next few days - you should get one, too!

Here are a few things I've managed to do over the past few months:
  • A review of The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R.Carey, which you can read over at Dirge Magazine;
  • A new Read Along With Katy - the read along of the fantastic fireball that is Flex by Ferrett Steinmetz is complete, but my weekly reviews are still going up at Dirge, and you can read week one, week two, week three and week four right now;
  • A review of the newest Paper and Ink zine, which I'm planning to tighten and post some time this week;
  • Listened to most of the Harry Potter books again, and Prisoner of Azkaban twice - I'm currently finishing Order of the Phoenix and occasionally tweeting using the old hashtag, #KatyDoesPotter
  • Tried and failed CampNaNo;
  • Settled on October 2016 for the release of the first chapter of Life After Death, which should roll out chapter by chapter in an anxious and bloody crescendo of zombie-related festive cheer over the Christmas season.

    Normal service should resume from now on, including monthly round-ups, Frank's adventures, the occassional poem, reviews and more. In the meantime, here's Frank enjoying the last few chapters of Flex at Krispy Kreme, Hull:
     

No comments:

Post a Comment